Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas - Cuban style

Although I consider myself a Southern gal there's no denying that my Hispanic roots show strong - especially at holiday time. We celebrate Christmas on the 24th with all my extended family with lots of authentic Cuban food, music, laughter and fun.
The festivities began at 1:00 and once everyone had arrived we spent time reading scriptures and considering the Incarnation of Christ as seen through scriptures and after prayer the feast began!

Typical Cuban food: Cuban pork, Black Beans, White Rice, Congris, Yuca, Salad and rolls

Aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents.

All the "littles" 

Aaron and Liz were able to join us which was lots of fun ;) 

The clan: Havi, Adri, Jared, Victoria, Hailey, Hayden, Aaron and I

We also had a Spanish "Flamenco Dancer" in our midst lol

Rachel - Love her!
After the extended family headed home my immediate family and I got together to sing and spend time together 


An intense Chess match

Liz and Caleb - I just love these 2, they are so adorable together! 

Camilo 

Opening the beautiful gifts Aaron got me!

Aaron and I

Franky and Gavin

 Victoria and Ethan

Daddy

Mother

Havi and the GORGEOUS dress she received!


 Jess and the smaller that Hailey stitched for her


Hayden opening his gifts


Jared and Franky

Gavin and Brayden after the opening lol
All in all we spent a wonderful time as a family worshipping and celebrating the birth of our Savior! I'm so blessed to have wonderful family to be with....God is so good to us! 

No comments: