Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Special Project

I have been wanting a trunk/chest to keep my special treasures in for some time but just haven't really gotten around to getting it. So when Havi asked me what I would like for Christmas I didn't really think much of it and said "oh a trunk that I can personalize." Little did I know that Havi was in cahoots with Aaron to find out something I would like for Christmas and lo and behold his gift to me was a wooden trunk full of goodies! I've made a couple personalized wooden boxes before so I was excited to try and personalize my new trunk.


So here is the trunk.....I measured the sides and mentally planned what I wanted it to look like and then set to work cutting tracing paper to size, experimenting with fonts and designs, and then putting it all together.


And here is the finished product!!! We had a few wrinkles (pun definitely intended lol) but all in all I am very happy with how it turned out!


"Trust in the Lord with all you heart...In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight" 


The side has a flowering vine with a sun rising in the back. 
I had so much fun with this project and can't wait to fill up this trunk with special trinkets and special memories! :) 

No comments: