Thursday, February 19, 2015

Projects, Projects

Lately we have been inside more due to weather and it has been a perfect time to work on a few projects after work. so I thought I would share a little--and by little, I mean a very LITTLE--of what I have been up to lately.





So as you can see, I have been making quite a few Kanzashi hair flowers, which has been a fun learning process. 


Also I revamped this old chair from this ^^  to....


THIS!!! Granted, it's just a slipcover and my seamstress skills aren't quite as high as I'd like lol, but I am very happy with how this turned out! And the beauty of this project is that.....it didn't cost me a thing! I used my old comforter (which just so happened to match my room theme perfectly--but perhaps that is because my room was themed off this comforter....) and just "winged-it" after googling slip covers. And the chair was given to me sooo it was a fun project. Aside from these things I have been experimenting with lettering and typography, altering clothes to fit me lol, baking my heart out in our new kitchen and trying to find the perfect pattern for a new dress.  On the work side of things I have also been helping my dad get our CD ministry up and running again and learning business "how-to's" from Mrs.Greene--which on that note, check out her website at www.marmeedearandcompany.com--  aside from regular house work and just daily living.  So my cup has been pretty full of things to do.  What have y'all been up to? I'd love to hear from you. 

No comments: