Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Shooting away


For the past several months Caleb, Haviland and I
have been taking a gun class
at the Greenville Gun Club. I have really enjoyed being able to learn how to use and fire a gun.

We took the rifle qualification class and are trying to get up to the highest
level which is distinguished expert.

Up till now I have reached the sharpshooter level
and am currently working on the sharpshooter bars, of which there are 9,
I have reached bars 1 and 2 and am working on bar 3.

After you complete each level the NRA (National Rifle Association)
Gives you a patch and a certificate and if you want you can also buy the NRA medals.

I have saved most of my targets and keep them in a folder along with the certificates.
I have 23 targets and a few more which, before I had the idea to store them in a folder, I got rid of. I hope to be able to keep moving ahead and will try to keep y'all up to date with my shooting.

3 comments:

Michelle Moyano said...

You are just soooo cute!!!

Maiden4Christ said...

Thank you!!!

Sarah said...

How neat, Bethany, that you are learning to shoot! It sounds like you are doing really well!

My sister and I are learning to shoot right now, too, but our Daddy is teaching us. :) It is a lot of fun!