Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Coconut oatmeal pie-Oh my!!!

For Christmas my parents gave me a set of fall leaves piecrust cutters.

The set has 4 different types of leaves, A maple leaf, Grape leaf,
Oak leaf, and a Cherry leaf.
I decided that since I had them I might as well use them on one of my
favorite pies, a Coconut oatmeal pie.


This is what the pie looked like after coming out of the oven.
Aren't the leaves beautiful?
Now as I know that I must be wetting quite a few appetites I shall
post this recipe.
~Coconut oatmeal pie~
Makes 2 pies.
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
4 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups light Karo syrup
1 stick butter
1 cup coconut
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
If you are like me and like to decorate your pie, you will probably want to make one and a half
batches of the pie crust recipe.
Makes 2 pie shells
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
8 tbsp. lard or shortening
5-7 tbsp. cold water (4 first, and then one at a time.)
Pour batter into unbaked pie shells.
Bake for 1 hour @ 350 degrees.
I hope you all enjoy!!!
I would also like to say to all of you who visit my blog
regularly that my daddy bought the family a lap top to replace our old computer
yesterday and so I think I might be able to blog more often.

No comments: